Author: Christopher
•8:21 AM

Paul says of the Gospel in Galatians 1:12, "For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."

There have been several times in my life when I have been taught 'by revelation.' One time, I was minding my own business, and had just walked into the bathroom for something. Out of the blue, it was as though the veil was pulled back, and I understood 'eternal life' with a clarity that I'd never known before. This understanding was instantaneous and overwhelming!!

I ran to my bedroom, grabbed a pen and paper, and started writing; I knew that such clarity wouldn't last forever, and I wanted to get all my thoughts down.

The Spirit revealed to me that 'everlasting life' is not my own life stretched out over eternity. I had always heard that, as a believer, I was going to live for ever. But that is wrong! I saw that 'everlasting life' and 'eternal life' are both talking about Jesus' life. Not mine, but His!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have 'the very life of Jesus'." That's John 3:16, with my own little paraphrase.

I scribbled on that paper for about 10 minutes.

Somewhere along the way, I lost that paper. I wish I still had it. Not because it was 'new' Scripture or anything like that, but because it would have made for such good teaching.

I have had other times of revelation. A couple of times the Spirit has given me a vision to help me understand something.

I was working at Red Lobster one busy night when I had a similar thing happen. The line cooks were pushing their plates to me, I was dressing them and getting them ready for the servers. It was hectic!

Inside though, I was talking to the Lord. Out of nowhere, I saw a vast open courtyard. The courtyard was cobblestone, but transparent like gleaming glass. A throne sat to one side, and before Him stood multitudes upon multitudes of shining, beautiful people. They were, every one of them, dressed in the finest clothing; gemstones glistened on their crowns and clothing.

They were all smiling.

Somehow I knew that it was 'Rewards Day' and they were all happy for each other.

And then I was back at Red Lobster. I never really left, of course. But God had opened my mind to see the royalty of children of God. I am a king. I have no doubt about it. If you are a believer, then so are you. We are the children of God.

I wiped away the tears, and went back to work.
|
This entry was posted on 8:21 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: