Author: Christopher
•2:07 PM

Philippians 4:19 tells us, "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."


What a wonderful promise! What a wonderfully sure supply!

I was thinking about my family. The Lord feeds them. He clothes them. He gives them toys and goodies and warm beds at night to sleep in. And He does it through me. He supplies their needs by me getting up and going to work every day.

They don't work. I work.

By my hand, God provides for them. They just enjoy the blessings.

Now, isn't that a wonderful picture of the Lord Jesus? He does the work. Actually, He DID the work. It's finished now. Everything's been accomplished. And, by HIM, the Father provides for us all good things to enjoy. By HIM, the Father supplies our every need.

We don't work. We just receive. We enjoy the blessings that come to us through him.

Like little children.



|
This entry was posted on 2:07 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: