Author: Christopher
•10:14 PM


What is the definition of 'In'?

"It is used with verbs signifying being, resting, or moving within limits, or within circumstances or conditions of any kind conceived of as limiting, confining, or investing, either wholly or in part."

With reference to space or place; as, he lives in Boston; he traveled in Italy; castles in the air.
What is my location? I am in Christ.

With reference to circumstances or conditions; as, he is in difficulties; she stood in a blaze of light.
What is my condition before the Father? I am in Christ.

With reference to a whole which includes or comprises the part spoken of; as, the first in his family; the first regiment in the army.
What is my position? I am in Christ.

With reference to physical surrounding, personal states, etc., abstractly denoted; as, I am in doubt; the room is in darkness; to live in fear.
Where do I abide? I am in Christ.

With reference to character, reach, scope, or influence considered as establishing a limitation; as, to be in one's favor.
What are my limitations? I am in Christ.

With reference to movement or tendency toward a certain limit or environment; -- sometimes equivalent to into; as, to put seed in the ground; to fall in love; to end in death; to put our trust in God.
Where do I grow and mature? I am in Christ.

With reference to a limit of time; as, in an hour; it happened in the last century; in all my life.
Where shall I spend eternity? I am in Christ.


Not out; within; inside.
|
This entry was posted on 10:14 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: