Author: Christopher
•8:30 PM

Just thought I'd post this, since this blog is like a diary for me.

Tonight was the last night of the missions conference at Heritage. Mike Hack of Operation Mobilization spoke. Of course, Becca and I were thinking about Sri Lanka. We didn't fill out a 'Steps' card or anything like that, but I did suggest we go forward and let the Lord know that we are okay with whatever He wants to do. We told him that we didn't want to rush ahead of his timing, or our training, but that we were still willing to go as he led. We asked that he'd direct our steps and make the 'open doors' clear for us to see.

Becca suggested to me that we should enroll in the 'Perspectives' class at the church. It's a 15-week class on missions and the history of Christianity in the world. I told her that it was a good idea, but let's think about it.

We had gone back to our seats and were getting ready to leave after being dismissed, when the man behind us leans forward and says, "What field are thinking about going to?" We told him Sri Lanka. And he said, "I don't want to play Holy Spirit or anything, but if you are thinking about being missionaries, you should really enroll in the Perspectives class. I took it and it was amazing."

That, my friends, is known as the Lord giving a confirmation. LOL

----------
I then went back to pick up the boys from Kids church. Lynn was there. She is the wife of the Missions Pastor. A very wonderful lady of God. I told her that Becca and I had gone forward, and that we were considering and praying about going back to Sri Lanka. She told me to call her husband, Andy, so that he could be working with us from the very beginning. Guess I have a call to make!

Art had been standing beside me at this time. He is in charge of the short term missions group going to Azerbaijan this June. He personally requested that I go with him. He said that one of his team members had dropped out and he wanted someone that he knew to take his place. Our family has been attending Art's small group for a couple of months now, and he feels a connection with me. He wants me to go. To a MUSLIM country in the Middle East!!

Of course, I'm thinking, that a short term missions trip to Azerbaijan would really solidify our heart for missions here at the church. It would be a single step toward a long term goal. It shows action not just words.

I am freaking out, to say the least. It's huge!! I could be in the Middle East in only TWO months. It's exciting, but I shall record these words of my humanity for all to see: Holy Crap!! LOL (It's okay to freak out. God is awesome, and more than one person has trembled before him and his mighty acts!)

God moves soooooooooo fast when we are willing, doesn't He?
|
This entry was posted on 8:30 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On April 19, 2020 at 10:24 PM , Unknown said...

Hi Chris, I'm hoping you can help me.

I met Mike Hack in around 2010 at a missions outreach promoting event on my campus in South Africa. I used to have contact with him but lost his information over time. I desperately want to start to regularly support missions, and I trust Mike's judgement when it comes to selecting who and what to give to. I would love to get in contact with him again but I cannot seem to find him anywhere. :(
Do you by any change know how I can contact him?
God bless
Cassandra