Author: Christopher
•9:24 AM
December 2009. I was at work a couple of weeks ago when my wife called me.

"The dryer's on fire!"

"Well, put it out."

She did. She was very happy to get to use a fire extinguisher for the first time. She opened all the windows to let the smoke out. And it was fine. But we didn't have a dryer.

I actually got giddy inside. I told my boss,

"I'm so excited!!"

"Why?" he asked.

"God's gonna give us a new dryer! He can't give you a new one, without getting rid of the old one first!"

I started praying. My wife started hanging up wet clothes on hangers all around the apartment. A few days passed. We were going to buy one, but it was Christmas time and presents came first...and besides, God would supply. My boss was going to buy us one, too. But he didn't need to.

Our friends up in Ravenna had their washing machine die. So his parents gave then a slightly used set. They now had a dryer just sitting there. They called us.

"Can you pick it up?"

Of course, I could! So I borrowed the work van and picked up our 4 year old, extra large capacity, super quiet dryer. Love it!!

Isn't God good?
|
This entry was posted on 9:24 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: