Author: Christopher
•9:00 AM
If good is good and evil is equally good to the enlightened, then a realm of life is entered where we rejoice always, in everything give thanks, and in all things are more than conquerors. - Norman Grubb

As we mature in our faith, we become more and more childlike. We learn to trust our Father's unseen hand, and things that were meant for evil are seen to be for good.

Here are a few lessons that I've learned along the way that help me to see that evil is good:


1) God has to remove the old before He can give something new.

For example, I wrote awhile back about the time our dryer caught on fire. I got so excited; I had a grin from ear to ear! Why? Because God was gonna give us a new dryer! I didn't fret over the removal of the old one, because, by faith, I saw that my heavenly Father was simply making room for a new one. The removal of the old one was not evil, it was good!


2) If an evil is going to happen to us anyway, God allows it to happen at a good time.

For example, I was driving in downtown Kent when the in-line fuel filter sprung a leak. I smelled gas, and could literally watch the fuel gauge drop to 'Empty.' All the gasoline, about a quarter of a tank, was on the road! I managed to get the car to a mechanics shop, a mere two blocks away, and they fixed it for me.

Was this an evil thing? An attack of Satan? No! I was leaving in 3 days on a trip through the mountains of Tennessee; can you see how that would have been a terrible place for this to happen? The Lord had me break down
  1. when I was only a couple blocks from a garage,
  2. when I had the money to get the repair done,
  3. when I wasn't in the mountains.
I was praising God the whole time!


3) It's not a blessing robbed, it's a need provided for.

My brother pointed this one out to me. God says that he answers before we even call on him. This often results in him looking like a thief, and not the generous God who always provides for his children.

For example, you get $2,000 back from the IRS at income tax time. Then the car breaks down. You curse and moan and complain. "Why does God let this happen? We can never get ahead. Just when we get some money, Satan comes and steals it away. Why won't God protect us?"

What has really happened is that the Lord saw a need coming up in your near future, and provided for it ahead of time. What a wonderful Father you have!!

People often asked, "Why does the Lord wait until the last minute to meet our needs?" He doesn't always, but when he does, he is doing it so that
we can more clearly see his hand and give him the glory.

God is good, all the time. Therefore, I will trust Him. Trust is faith. And faith brings joy.



|
This entry was posted on 9:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: