Author: Christopher
•9:46 PM

God did not call me to be Pilate to my friend and judge him, nor to be a Roman centurion and punish him. He called me to be Simon of Cyrene, and help him carry his cross.


The entire message at church spoke to me about what's been going on with my friend who just entered a drug detox facility.

When others are saying to judge him, call the police, or some other unmerciful thing, the Spirit of God spoke to me and said, "You didn't ask for this, but I am picking you out of the crowd. Yes, YOU! I want you to carry this man's cross. You will walk beside him, hear his moans, see the tears run down his face. You will share his burden."

When Jesus said, "I have chosen you," this is what he was talking about. "I have chosen you to love. To share in the condemnation and jeers that others will aim at this man. I have chosen you to befriend sinners. To love them."

Isn't that what differentiates New Testament Christianity from the stone-throwing judgmental-ism of the Old Testament?
|
This entry was posted on 9:46 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: