Author: Christopher
•1:24 AM

Have you ever placed one mirror in front of another mirror so that they reflect each other reflecting each other, reflecting each other, reflecting each other? And the images of both disappear into infinity.

I have always heard that I reflect the Son. 'Be the moon, reflect the Sun' and all that. But, I am not a cold, lifeless moon. I am full of life. Christ's life. Certainly, I am dead. But, just as certainly, I am risen in Christ, and I now sit at the Father's right hand.

On earth, Christ is in me. In heaven, I am in Christ. And though mine is a borrowed purity, I am pure. And though mine is a borrowed glory, I am glorious.

So, Christ and I are like mirrors. Both reflecting, both glorious. I reflect him, and He reflects me.

The reflections go on reflecting and reflecting, glory shared becomes glory imparted, glory imparted glorifies. And the images go on into eternity where at last they almost become one.
|
This entry was posted on 1:24 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: