Author: Christopher
•6:49 PM
I would never trade my first year of learning the Bible.

That commentary that I was saved while reading was written by Peter S. Ruckman. Most of the books and sermon booklets that were in the big cardboard box were also by Dr. Ruckman. I have since come to realize that though he is an extremely intelligent man, he gets most of his teaching from reading a zillion books, not from the Lord teaching him. Anyway, I will say this, I came away from his teachings with a tremendous belief that the Bible is the word of God.

Dr. Ruckman also was a strong believer in Gospel tracts and witnessing. I had been saved less than a month before I ordered some of his tracts. When they came to the house, I was waiting for the mail man to get there. I shoved tracts in every locker of the High School (it seemed like it anyway). I also left them in the boys bathrooms. I left them everywhere.

My art teacher was very close to me, and I really wanted him to get saved, so I gave him the Commentary, all 500+ pages of it. LOL I don't think he ever did read it. When he returned it to me, he gave me a small paperback about two neanderthal villages named Adam and Eve. Sigh.

Perhaps the best thing about that first year happened about 6 months into it. I was in the car when I realized that for 1/2 a year I hadn't even thought of the occult or the paranormal. How wonderful! God had taken it completely away. Talk about putting off the old man, and putting on the new man!
|
This entry was posted on 6:49 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: