Author: Christopher
•7:53 PM
I had a friend named John. Great guy. A real brother. He was younger than I was, and was in the grade behind me.

I had been in College a year before John joined me there. I was still up to my eyeballs in Bible every day. He was a non-practicing Catholic -- lost, and a mess. I didn't know how to tell him about Jesus. I was embarrassed, but "perfect love casts out fear," so I found a way.

We were sitting in the Student Center. I gave him a Chick Tract ( I think it was "Hi There!" http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0076/0076_01.asp ). I said, "Read this." Then I sat across from him while he read the entire thing.

When he finished, he said, "So?" And a tear rolled down my cheek as I said, "If you don't do what that tract says, you'll die and go to Hell. And I don't want you to."

He told me later that the tear did it. He said that 'here is the best person I know telling me that I'm going to Hell with tears rolling down his cheeks.' He didn't look it, but he was shaking inside.

He got up from his seat, and walked out telling me that he'd be fine.

He didn't pray then, but later in his bedroom (if I remember correctly), he couldn't sleep. He got up, an read the tract again. He knelt on the floor by his bed and got saved.

John was a great soul-winner. I know that he led Javier to the Lord (what a soul-winner he was!). And Javier led Mikey to the Lord. So, I know that I have some spiritual great-grand babies out there somewhere.

John graduated from Bible school, and got into sin. We're all human, so I don't judge him. But it makes me really sad because, last I heard, he wasn't walking with the Lord at all.

I pray for him every now and then. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in the truth, and no greater sadness than to hear that they aren't. :(
This entry was posted on 7:53 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: