Author: Christopher
•2:59 PM
I am a Bible teacher. I have that gift, and it is absolutely amazing! But I am not the first one in my family to teach the word of God.

My grandparents on both sides taught Sunday School. My father taught Sunday School. My mother taught Sunday School. That is a great foundation!

I remember my Dad talking about getting saved as a young boy. He gripped the pew until his knuckles turned white, and then eventually went forward to ask the Lord to save him. I can remember him praying over a bowl of cereal at 2 o'clock in the morning, when everyone else was supposed to be asleep; I had snuck down to use the bathroom, and found him praying ~ what a testimony to the reality of God! He also loved to read the Bible (still does). His Bible was covered in notes! I guess that's where I get it from. I can also remember him sitting on the front stoop with his Bible open trying to show a Jehovah's Witness the truth of God's word. And he always had Chick Tracts sitting on his table at the flea market. These events all had a powerful effect on my life.

My mom was saved at Rex Humbard's church in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. Her Sunday School teacher (mother of David Gibbs of the Christian Law Association) led her to the Lord, if I remember correctly. When I was a young kid, mom held neighborhood Bible Clubs (through Child Evangelism Fellowship) in our house. I grew up hearing the word of God taught. She used flannel graphs, and giant cardboard songs ('Somewhere in outer space, God has prepared a place, for those who trust him and obey, Jesus will come again, and though I don't know when, the countdown's getting lower every day!'). Mom has read literally hundreds of books on the Bible; she probably knows more than most pastors!

Rebecca's parents and grandparents were also Christians, but she'll have to blog about that herself!

Psalm 16:6 "The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage. "
This entry was posted on 2:59 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: