Author: Christopher
•6:07 PM
Becca and I have been praying together every night, reading the Bible, and taking the Lord's Supper. ("As oft as ye do it" ...So we are doing it oft ) We are praying for physical healing of Becca's ankles and my fibromyalgia. And we are remembering Christ's death in our place, and that his body was broken, and that he bore our sicknesses upon the Cross. (I know you might not agree with that, but please read your Bible before you comment LOL)

So... there we are sitting on the floor, and I'm reading 1 Cor. 11, and Aidan walks in.

"Honey, get in bed."

"Daddy..."

"Honey, I said get in bed."

"Daddy, what are you doing?"

"We're praying to Jesus that he will heal us."

"Daddy, I'm sick. Can you pray for me too?"

(Wow! He has been coughing at bed time quite a bit; one time it was so bad that he threw up several times. )

He climbed on my lap, and I explained that we eat the bread to remember that Jesus died for us, and that his body was broken in our place. I cracked a cracker in my hand, and he took some.

"Eat ye all of it."

And then the cup. Jesus gave us the cup to remember that his blood goes deep inside us cleaning our heart of its sins.

"Drink ye all of it."

And then we prayed for Aidan to be well.

He's been fine ever since. Yeah, God is like that with little kids. What faith! What simple belief!

Thank you Jesus for letting me take part in such a wonderful experience with my little big boy!
This entry was posted on 6:07 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: