Author: Christopher
•12:55 AM
Every once in awhile I start writing down answers to prayers, but then I usually have so many of them that I forget to write anything down. Here is a list that I have in the back of my Bible for 2005 and 2006.

- April 2005 New lawn mower. I needed to mow the lawn but I didn't have a mower. I prayed and asked the Lord for one. Then I called my brother to borrow his in the meantime. He told me that he had just purchased a fancy new one, and that I could have his old one. It just needed a new part. He gave me the part too. I used it up until I gave it away in August of this year (2009).

- Unk date. Becky and I were down in southern Ohio at a church meeting. At the time, we were missionaries raising support to go to Sri Lanka. The meeting lasted all week. On the next to last day, we realized that we had figured our bank account wrong; we had no money to get home. We prayed to our Daddy to take care of his children. The next morning at breakfast I was sitting across from another missionary. We started swapping stories about God's provision. He mentioned going to a church with no money left to get home. I laughed and told him that my wife were currently in that exact position. He looked at me, and then reached into his wallet. He gave me a $100 bill. Then he said, "I was in that exact same position about a year ago. The Lord took care of me then, and I told him that I wanted to do the same for somebody this year. I have been carrying that $100 bill around since Sunday asking God who he wanted me to give it to, and he just showed me."

- June 17, 05 We had $0 money in the bank, and the gas tank was on E. We prayed and a relative came over and gave us $20 (without us asking).

- June 26, 05 Still without any money, the summer was getting hotter. We needed an air conditioned really badly. $200 came in the mail from a church that we knew. Praise God!

- July 8, 05 I forget why, but I needed to go to Bowling Green on Sunday (probably missionary stuff). I asked the Lord for $20 on July 7th, and $25 came in the mail the next day.

- July 05 Our church gave me a job watching the new church construction site. I was basically the night watchman. They paid me $10/hr. What a blessing during this time. (Becca was very, very sick with our 2nd pregnancy, and I wasn't able to work because I was taking care of her.)

- Nov 10, 05 Evan Charlie was born 4 weeks early and weighed 8 lbs 11 oz!!

- Our church fixed our car 3 times!

- March 3, 05 Still struggling financially. Rent was due. Grandpa called out of the blue and told us that we didn't have to pay that month! We had been praying so hard, and this was a huge miracle for us.

- Evan's belly button hernia is healing up great.

- LOL I got a speeding ticket for going thru a school zone. I still don't know where this school is at! The ticket came in the mail. It was for $35. Funny thing is my sister just gave me $40. (Don't think of it as a blessing robbed; think of it as a need provided for!)

- March 18, 06 Went to visit Grandma. She gave us $270, so we were able to pay insurance on the last day!

- April 28, 06 We didn't have any money for diapers for Aidan. A friend bought some and brought them over to us.

- May 11, 06 I had been praying to win a soul to the Lord. A friend of mine and I were at Giant Eagle, when a kid came up to us asking for a ride into the next town. He needed to catch a Greyhound bus. It was 1/2 hr drive, but we said sure. I started talking to him about the Lord, and when we got to the bus station, he prayed and asked the Lord to save him. (Note: I asked him, would you like to ask Jesus to be your Saviour? He was very excited about the idea and said something like, YEAH! Can I do it now?) Awesome.

- May 14, 06 Went to Camp Meeting. I asked God for 2 things: for a bottom floor room, and for our extra night to be paid for. He did both.

- May 20, 06 Needed Pedialyte for Aidan and Gatorade for Becca. No money. God provided.

- May 25, 06 Needed diapers again for Aidan. Grandma provided the money.

- May 25, 06 We had thrown out our couch a week or so before because mice had gotten into the house, and were living in the couch. Gross!! We asked God for a new couch. Out of nowhere, my Uncle bought a new couch for Grandma...and she gave us hers. We still have it today.

- July 12, 06 Becca's teeth were really bad after the pregnancy. She had x-rays done showing she needed root canals all around her mouth. A couple of weeks ago, I anointed her with oil. Today, the x-rays showed no cavities on the left side of her mouth. They'd all been healed! (The right side was a different story, but Becca asked the Lord NOT to heal the ones on the right side so that she would have a reminded to take better care of her teeth.)

- July 19, 06 One of my favorites. We did not have a refrigerator that worked. We had gone all winter using the porch as a frig LOL We had a 'frig but it didn't work well. We went to Home Depot to put one on a credit card. The card was denied. Rather than be upset, I looked at Becca and said, "God is doing something. He wants to do something different." That night at church, the pastor said that they were closing down the child daycare wing of the building. There were some things there that people could take if they wanted. The first thing he said was a refrigerator! I ran right up and asked for it. And we had it until we moved and gave it away in August 09.

- July 23, 06 Becca told me that "we're almost out of baby food." Within 5 minutes, my mother showed up and asked if the kids needed anything. Wow.

- August 5, 06 This meant a lot to me. Aidan was just a little guy, and he was constipated. He hated suppositories, and I had promised him that I would never give one to him again. But here he was in the same situation again. I prayed for him, and asked Jesus to take care of it. The next day, he pooped 4x. That was so huge for me at the time.

- October 06 Another of my favorites. I was driving down the road talking to Jesus. He was in the passenger seat, and I was talking away. He was so real, so close,... I decided to take advantage, and said, "Lord, would you put new tires on our car?" They were really bare. POP!!
The left front tire exploded as soon as I had asked. I laughed! God has a sense of humor. I put on the spare and drove home. "Becca," I asked, "Do you believe in coincidences?" "No," she said, not knowing where I was going with it. I told her what had happened. Then I said, "God is going to give us new tires!" I was so excited! Well, within 8 days, word had spread of the blow-out and my sister paid to put new tires on the car! Thanks to her and to Jesus!

- Well, I have to get to bed, but I have time for one more. It was autumn, and the leaves were piled up all over our yard. The City had signs up saying that they were collecting leaves the next morning. I didn't have a rake, or the energy to do our huge yard. I prayed, "Lord, I need about $50 to buy a leaf blower, and a check won't do; I need cash!" I went over to the mailbox, and a letter was inside with $500 in cash inside. WHAT!? Praise the Lord! We went shopping, bought a coat for Aidan, and a leaf blower for me.

There are many, many, many specific answers to prayer that I could record. Maybe I'll put some more in the blog later. But here is a verse for you, "If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you." Answered prayer is conditional upon walking in the Spirit, and hiding God's word in your heart.
|
This entry was posted on 12:55 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: