Author: Christopher
•9:28 AM
I remember the very first Bible Club that I ever lead. I just taught what salvation was. I had made my own flannel graph people. Each of these people was composed of 2 pieces of paper. The outer side was their clothing, face, hands, etc.; the inside was either yellow or black construction paper.

I wanted the kids to see that the happy faces weren't necessarily the ones going to heaven. Neither were the angry/sad faces the ones going to hell.

It's a heart thing.

I talked about asking the Lord Jesus into your heart to forgive your sins. The whole story.

At the end of the talk, I had the yellow 'souls' go up to heaven to be with Jesus. The dark 'souls' I crumpled up and threw into a trash can that had flames made out of construction paper taped to the rim.

Cast into outer darkness. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I didn't preach it mean. I just told the truth.

Then I gave the invitation.

"Close your eyes and bow your heads. If you'd like to ask the Lord Jesus into your hearts, please just raise your hand."

If I remember correctly, we counted 28 hands.

Some save with fear, Jude says.

Fear of God on earth leads to joy in heaven.
This entry was posted on 9:28 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: