Author: Christopher
•10:17 PM
When I was working with Child Evangelism Fellowship, I used to help out at a couple of Bible Clubs, and I had one that I was in charge of.

My club was at (and I am not making this up) the Episcopal Church of the Holy Spirit. I would set up my flannel graph and stuff in the basement, and then the kids would start coming in. After the lesson, I would give an invitation to accept Christ as Savior. It was a blast!

One particular Thursday, a young girl (Tameka?) wasn't acting right after the invitation. I asked her if she would like to ask Jesus to save her, too. She was about 9 or 10 years old. She told me, No. She said that she was "afraid of Jesus."

I asked her why. Her answer was that her mother had a picture of Jesus that kept looking at her. I told her that some pictures just seem to be looking at you.

"No, it really looks at me."

What would you have said? I chose to believe her, and prayed with her that the picture wouldn't do that anymore.

I had such a burden for this girl! I don't remember eating, sleeping, or even working that weekend. All I remember is praying and praying for her. I couldn't get her off my heart.

When we finally met again for club, I just knew I had to talk with her again. I was relieved that she did come again. After the lesson, I started talking with her.

"I tried to kill myself this past weekend," she said. "I went into the kitchen and I picked up a knife. But before I could use it, an invisible hand hit my hand and knocked the knife across the room."

(I was almost surprised, but tried not to show it.)

"Do you know who knocked the knife out of your hand?" I asked.

"Jesus," she replied.

"Why?"

"Because he loves me." And then she started crying.

And she asked the Lord to save her. I am so glad that God had already shown me that the spiritual world is very real.
|
This entry was posted on 10:17 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: