Author: Christopher
•2:58 PM
I was very depressed. I had only been saved about a year. I was a college freshman, maybe a sophomore?, and I had girlfriend issues. Dana had a steady boyfriend; okay, she had a fiance. And my life hurt.

It was cold outside. Wet and snowy, and sometime after midnight.

I was alone.

So I went on a pity-party walk, crying and talking to the Lord. Well, more crying than anything else.

Soon I found myself in one of the empty science buildings on campus. I can remember finding a quiet place where I could just weep the loss of my heart's love. (blah blah blah . . . This is almost funny in retrospect LOL)

As I sat against a wall, I said to myself, "I have nothing left to live for."

And that still small voice said, "You have me." It was the Lord.

Immediately I was encouraged. I wiped away my tears, and I headed back to the dorm. I took the long way past E.J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall. If you've ever been there, you know that there is a fountain in the central square. The water was turned off. A light snow was falling.

It was about 3 o'clock in the morning. All was quiet.

I jumped up on the the wall of the fountain, and turning to all of campus, I shouted with everything in me, "Behold, the Lamb of God which taketh away the sins of the world!"

Suddenly, I heard the sound of rushing wind, but I saw no wind. I somehow knew that it was invisible fire. The fire whirled around me in a circle at arms' length from the ground to just over my head. I couldn't see it, but I could see it. I could definitely hear it. It roared around me, but inside all was at peace and still.

I started giggling, and laughing! Joy flooded my heart.

I had the Lord Jesus, and that was all I needed.


This is a true story. Of course, I didn't come out and tell everyone about it or they'd think I was nuts. It wasn't until many years later that I read about a Baptist preacher who had experienced the same thing while street preaching. "Feeling?" he said, "You want a feeling? I'll tell you how to get a feeling! Get saved. Go tell all your old unsaved friends that you got saved. Then go stand on a street corner and preach the Gospel. You'll get a feeling alright. Like a whirlwind of fire swirling around you!"

That's what I did. That's what happened. Isn't Jesus amazing?
|
This entry was posted on 2:58 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: