Author: Christopher
•9:36 PM
Awesome time at prayer meeting tonight!

We have been going to a Healing Prayer Time ever since we moved to Columbus. They meet on Thursday nights. Wow. They've seen people take off their leg braces and walk right out, plus other cool things! (Of course, I believe that the Lord heals; He used me to pray over Becca's root canals which were healed.)

The boys have been rather rambunctious on several of the Thursdays, so we devised a plan. I would take them to the church gym to play ball while Becca prayed, and then we'd switch later on.

God had another idea.

Becca came to get me as soon as we started playing. Matt wanted me in there for the devotion time. Okay, I thought, shouldn't last too long.

But it did. The boys were very good for the most part. Then they got antsy.

After a while, Becca took them out, and I stayed.

Jump ahead a little bit.

Matt asked if anybody had anything else that we should pray about. One lady said that she did. She had a hurt in her heart that she never talked about.

"Ever since those two little boys came in (Aidan and Evan), I've just wanted to cry. My own boys were taken from me when they were three and seven. That was twenty years ago, and the wound has never healed."

Apparently, her mother and some ladies at her church 'forced' her to give them up for adoption. Not sure of all the details, but she did say that she thought they were somewhat 'right' in doing it.

The whole time she was talking, the verse kept coming to my mind, "In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not." (Matt 2:18)

I walked over behind her, and put a hand on her shoulder, I quoted the verse, and then prayed that God's Spirit, the Comforter, would comfort her.

The presence of the Lord was very evident due to all the praying and seeking him.

She replied that I was right, that she 'would not' be comforted, that she was bitter and angry, and she didn't think that she could ever forgive them.

One of the men talked to her about the need to forgive, and asked her to pray that the Lord would give her the grace to do it.

He seemed to be implying at some future date, so I told her that she needed to speak to 'those people' right now, as if they were in the room with us. I told her to say, "I forgive you, _____."

I thought that verbalizing it would be a huge step in the healing process.

We all closed our eyes in prayer, and she began to forgive them.

"I forgive you." And she said the name of one of the ladies at the church.

And then another one.

And then another.

And then, "I forgive you, Mom."

Tears were rolling by this time.

I felt the Lord wanted me to say something else.

"Just as the Lord Jesus cursed the fig tree but no change was seen until the next day, so the Lord would have you to know that this root of bitterness has begun to die. You might not see it now, but in time you will be whole."

OK. That was weird, but I really believe that Jesus wanted me to tell her that.

What joy!

What Comfort!
|
This entry was posted on 9:36 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: