Author: Christopher
•11:45 AM
The next vision came several years later.

A note of explanation. At this time, I was again reading lots of Scripture everyday, praying & fellowshipping with the Lord every night for at least a half hour, and I was involved in almost daily evangelistic outreaches with Child Evangelism Fellowship. I point this out that the readers (Aidan, Evan, and Meagan) might understand that God doesn't reveal things to you unless you are seeking him with all your heart.

I was in my room praying and talking to the Lord. This was in an apartment that I shared with my brother, Nat. As I was praying, I asked the Holy Spirit to 'show me something about Jesus.'

The Holy Ghost was given to us that we might know the Lord Jesus Christ better. This prayer was very biblical. The answer was supernatural, and totally unexpected.

After I prayed, I immediately saw a twisted, tiny figure hanging upon a cross; it was an aborted baby. I recoiled in my mind, and tried to get the image out of my head.

How sick! How revolting! How accurate!

The Lord Jesus Christ was the Father's Son; the Son that came out of his bosom (John 1). He was innocent. He was more than innocent; he was righteous. Sin had never entered his mind.

He made himself small for me. He made himself vulnerable for me. And he died a horrible, mangled death . . . for me. I did it.

How awful our sins are to God the Father! We scrape the crap of our lives off on his righteous "holy Child." And don't even appreciate the severity of our transgressions.

I cried.

Sorry, Lord.
This entry was posted on 11:45 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: