Author: Christopher
•8:37 PM
We used to meet in the basement of a church in a bad part of Akron. By 'we,' I mean our small group of inner-city evangelists working with Child Evangelism Fellowship.

This club was normally a smaller club, under twenty kids or so.

Not this time!

We walked in short-staffed and under-prepared.

I remember counting 80 kids!!

We did some crafts. I told a Bible story.

Eventually, we passed out the Tootsie Roll Pops. Now, admittedly, I've never counted how many of those things come in a bag, but I was sure that there wouldn't be enough for 80 kids.

I started passing them out.

I reached in the bag, pulled out a Pop, and gave it to kid.

Over, and over, and over... reaching into the bag, pulling out a Pop, and handing it to a kid.

"There's a lot of suckers in here," I thought to myself.

Still I kept passing them out to the kids!

Finally the last kid came forward, I reached into the bag, and pulled out the LAST one.

Just enough for every child to one.

Yeah, our God is like that! He is the Provider! And he loves each and every child the same!
|
This entry was posted on 8:37 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: