Author: Christopher
•1:45 AM
The Lord called me to go to Bible College.

But I didn't have the money.

Now, this particular college was a smaller college, and they didn't charge any fees except for books and insurance. I needed $500 each semester.

I can remember my Uncle pulling me aside and saying that he wanted to give me part of his Christmas bonus; that paid for one semester.

I can remember a friend pulling me aside and giving me a check. "This is for you." Another check for $500.

On and on it went. Two semesters my first year. Two semesters my second year. One semester my third year. And then I was on my last semester.

The money was due in a week, and I didn't have any of it. But I wasn't worried at all. I was just watching. How was my Father going to pay this time?

He never spoke to TWO people during the same semester. I mean, it wasn't like a semester would come and I'd get three $500 checks, and then another semester would come and I wouldn't get any.

No, it was one semester = one check.

So, three days before the last payment was due, the phone rang. It was a friend of my mother. She wanted to meet with me and my brother (who was also going to the same school, and who was also broke). I said, "This is it."

She asked if she could meet us for lunch at a restaurant.

"Sure thing."

And after lunch? She gave us each checks for $500.

God is the God of Provision.

No doubt about it.
|
This entry was posted on 1:45 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: