Author: Christopher
•12:06 PM
When I was working with Child Evangelism Fellowship, I got to know a wonderful lady of the faith named Patricia.

Patricia was a prayer warrior and a dear friend. I remember that she had a cupboard door that wouldn't stay closed; it would just 'pop' open at weird times. She made it a habit to pray for a specific missionary any time she'd close that cabinet door. It was just something that she did. She prayed for him a lot LOL

When her house caught on fire, she put a sign in the front yard that read 'He gives us beauty for ashes' quoting the verse from Isaiah.

She had opened up her house to the neighborhood kids. A lot of kids got saved there. I remember leading a young boy to the Lord on her front steps.

"Did he come in to your heart?" I asked.

"Yes!"

"How do you know?" expecting him to say, 'The Bible says so.'

"I felt him!" he responded with eyes wide. (I have heard that several times. Kids are so sensitive and so full of faith!)

Well, back to my story. I was having trouble singing (still do LOL). When I speak, my voice is an average bass voice. But I was singing a weird falsetto. I got laughed at by the inner-city kids who had never seen somebody who couldn't sing before.

Patricia and I were talking about it one day. She said that she would ask the Lord about it.

Some time passed.

I was at home one evening. I had the idea come into my mind that my voice was being strangled. I knew it had something to do with my internal anger. I used to be very angry.

Yes, I even cussed. A lot. But only in my mind. I would curse like a sailor, but nobody ever knew it. Such anger would well up inside me. It just came out. It was terrible.

I looked up 'anger' in the dictionary. Anger comes from the Latin word to 'strangle.' Aha! God was beginning to show me the answer.

The phone rang.

It was Patricia.

"The Lord only gave me one word. He said 'anger.' Does that mean anything to you?'

I almost had a fit, I was so excited!

Well, it's too long to post here, but the Lord helping to get through the anger. The next morning at prayer time (6 am every Thursday!), Patricia said to the group that the Lord told her that if they would pray for me, the demonic spirit causing my anger issue would never come back.

They did.

And it hasn't. I have not had a cursing fit from that time to this. Not once.

A note: Paul says that in the last days men will arise having a 'form of godliness, but denying the power thereof.' Give me the powerful godliness any day! I know what freedom is! I know what deliverance is!

I've been there!
This entry was posted on 12:06 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: