Author: Christopher
•9:55 PM
When you walk with the Lord, sometimes you have encounters with the enemy. Here are a few of mine.

A friend of mine and I would pray from about 11pm to 1am or 2am every night. Two or three hours of intense prayer. Often during these prayer times, the peace of God would settle down like a great restful stillness. If you have never experienced it, I can't explain it. It is a peace, a rest that goes into your very bones.

One night, we were praying as usual. He sat on one side of the room on a couch. I was on the couch opposite of him, facing him. To my left was a large window (which would be on his right). As we prayed, I saw and sensed a cloud of evil enter in through the window.

Ever see Star Gate? When the Gate opens, a liquid metal looking energy squirts out horizontally from the Gate. It was kinda like that, but gray.

Not opaque mind you, but like a transparent film. A transparent cloud of demonic evil.

I looked at my roommate. "Did you see that?"

"Yeah."

"Was it what I think it was?"

"Yeah."

"In the name of the Lord Jesus..."

Well, you get the idea.

During this same time period, we had been trying to help a witch who had recently been saved. We prayed for her. And we saw some stuff.

My brother had an invisible something come in a window and walk down his body as he lay on the bed. He felt the footsteps ~ 1 ... 2 ... 3.

We both saw red eyes about a foot and a half off the floor in a dark bedroom.

Once, I was out walking and praying. A voice spoke in my head, "Embrace Satan."

Why do I mention these things? Because they happened. These things shouldn't frighten the believer; they are mentioned in the Bible.

I learned something during this time. We are not called to focus on the devil and learn all about him. We focus on the Light and the darkness flees. Spiritual warfare is not what it is portrayed to be. Most of the time, we simply walk in the Light, love the Lord Jesus with all our heart, and as the Scriptures say, "Submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
This entry was posted on 9:55 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: