Author: Christopher
•8:48 AM
This blog is so jumbled up! LOL I am not trying too hard to be chronological, and it shows!

Since this is for the kids, I thought I'd talk about soul-winning today. Daddy is a big believer in telling people about Jesus. Jesus is the way to heaven; there is no other way. None. Never has been, never will be.

One of my favorite witnessing stories is from Cleveland, OH. I had been going to a church up there for a few months, and so I drove up on a Saturday to pass out tracts/invitations to church.

I had quite a few tracts, and started walking around a residential section.

"Excuse, me, sir. Could I give you an invitation to church?"

If the response was good, I'd strike up a conversation with them. Maybe pray with them.

I'd been out walking for a couple of hours, I think. I got in my car to move to a new location. And as I was driving, I saw a young girl (16-ish) sitting on top of a big, blue mail drop box.

The Spirit let me know in not no uncertain terms that I was to witness to her. Not a voice, but an urgency.

(Note of instruction: The Spirit and the flesh wrestle against each other. When the flesh feels drawn toward something, it is a temptation; we all know what that feels like. Well, when the Spirit is drawing us toward something, it feels like a temptation to do good. That's what this was. A very strong temptation to do good.)

My heart started pounding in my chest. Sure, I had been out passing out tracts, but this time GOD wanted me to talk to a specific person.

I parked the car. Prayed. And walked up to her.

"Hello. My name is Chris. What's your name?

She told me her name. I asked how old she was. She told me that. Then I said,

"I'm going to tell you something that I wish that somebody would have told me when I was 16."

And I told her the Gospel story.

I asked if she wanted to ask Jesus into her heart. She said that she did, and started to climb down from her perch on the mail box.

"No. Just stay right there. You'll never forget it."

And she did. She asked Jesus to save her while sitting on a mail box. LOL!!

I left her, and walked around the corner. There was a group of teens and young kids on bikes. About 6 or 7 in all.

"Hi guys. Can I talk to you for a second?"

Next thing you know, about 7 kids bowed their heads on a street corner and gave their hearts to Jesus!

I came back to the same spot next week, just to follow up.

This time, I found about 5 kids. They were so excited to see me! They told me about witnessing to their parents. It was awesome. They wanted to learn even more about Jesus! They brought some of their friends over.

I think I led two more to the Lord, right then and there.

That's what it's all about. Signs and wonders are fleeting, but a saved soul is for ever!
This entry was posted on 8:48 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: